Week 5 Forums, Research and Summary 03.07.2020
Create a ‘roadmap’ for the next six weeks. This doesn’t need to be a very detailed plan but it should give a sense of what you aim to produce and how you will go about achieving it.
Please do consider the following:
- Title of your work/project, with 3–5 keywords;
- Methods/methodology you will be exploring;
- Number of shoots you will need;
- Possible outcomes and where to show them;
- The results you are looking for/expecting;
- The relationship between this work/project and overall research for the MA;
- Landings exhibition: you need to start thinking about the exhibition and considering how you can work collaboratively. Discuss your strengths with your peers, and what you can offer with regards to organising Landings. Feel free to use the conference tool in Canvas, or you might want to try another platform such as whereby (Links to an external site.)
Share your roadmap in the forum below. This roadmap will be used later in the week for one-to-one tutorials.
- Zine workshop with 30 home educated children online. I invited the three families I had participating in my project this module to this workshop, to help them make ‘connections’ within the local home educating community. 40 min zoom session where I taught the kids and their parents how to produce a zine. Then discussed my project this module. Left ‘instructions’ for the children to produce a visual response to the phrase “your home education” , that could be a photograph, collage, painting, zine of their own, comic, short story, poem, whatever they want.
- Conducted three zoom interviews with the families that are taking part in the project this module so far.
- 2 photoshoots with families who were not home educating prior to lockdown, but after trialing it have decided to continue.
- Collected up all the children’s art on a mammoth trip around cornwall
- Third photoshoot with family who were not home educating prior to lockdown, but after trialing it have decided to continue.
- Build newspaper in indesign and order from the newspaper club
- Zoom interview with fourth family taking part
- Fourth photoshoot with family who were not home educating prior to lockdown, but after trialing it have decided to continue.
- Fifth and final photoshoot who were not home educating prior to lockdown, but after trialing it have decided to continue.
- Conduct in-person interview with this family, with audio recording.
- Collate all research in respects of students not being home educated prior to lockdown, online ‘home-schooling’ during lockdown, teachers thoughts, personal accounts, government oral sessions being conducted to discuss next years exam season etc etc .
- Socially distanced exhibition in my garden at home where all the families involved in the project so far can come and see images from this and previous modules, and all the families who took part will collect their zines.
- Project title – Don’t have a clue
- Methods/methodologies – as above
- Number of shoots needed – I am doing 5
- Possible outcomes and where to show them – noted above
- Results I am looking for – For the families to feel connected to the work, each other, and my practice. I know this is already a ‘thing’ but this collectively produced project, during a time when we have all been so separated will solidify this even more. Also to help the families new to home educating build a connection to those who have been doing it a while. For the newspaper to be passed on to others.
- The relationship between this work/project and overall research for the MA – My whole practice all the way through has been interconnected. My home educating family, worldschoolers, alternative schools, families coming to home ed after Covid, children unable to get gcse’s/covid due to lockdown. It’s all intertwined.
- Landings – I have been in touch with Matthew about being part of the team to help organise Landings .